|Post title||Professor in Telecommunications|
|Department||Department of Engineering|
|Faculty||Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences|
|Grade/salary||Professorial Grade plus London Weighting Allowance per annum (£3,500)|
|Hours of work||Full time (35 hours per week)|
|Period of appointment||Indefinite Contract|
|Responsible to||Head of Department of Engineering|
Recognising our existing and long-standing activities in telecommunications, we are now seeking to recruit a Professor that complements our strengths in networks and with an interest in designing, understanding and/or modelling the systems and technologies that underpin current and next generation information and communications systems and in new emerging topics. We are seeking an individual who will lead and develop our researchers and academics in this area.
In addition, we are eager for the successful applicant to take a key role in our 6G Futures Initiative with the Universities of Bristol and Strathclyde. The applicant will have a proven track record of shaping and delivering strategy in both research and in academic administration and will take an active role in contributing to the development of our new Engineering activities.
- Provide academic leadership in the area of telecommunications engineering, and to play a leading role in this area within the Faculty, and across King’s.
- Contribute to the teaching, project supervision, and administration of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Provide other teaching and administrative support within the Department as and when required.
- Enhance the research profile of the Department, through maintaining a consistent high-level output of publications and presentations of world-class quality.
- Sustain high-quality research activity through a portfolio of individual, joint and/or network research projects.
- Engage actively and regularly in the pursuit of research funding through grant applications to Research Councils, etc., and to assist other academic staff in the development of research proposals.
- Develop links and collaborations with academics elsewhere at King’s, nationally, and internationally.
- Engage, when appropriate, in the dissemination of advanced research through knowledge transfer, outreach, continuing professional development, etc.
- Contribute to national and international Research Council activities and similar panels as appropriate.
- Seek continued involvement in international research activities, such as conference programme committees and editorial work for academic journals.
- Supervise and train postgraduate students and postdoctoral research staff to ensure their effective development.
- Contribute fully and conscientiously to administrative tasks, as directed by the Head of Department.
- Be involved in the mentoring of junior staff and act as line manager for non-professorial members of academic staff.
- Lead/contribute to service activities within the Department, Faculty and College.
- Contribute to performance and development review processes as appropriate in accordance with the College’s strategy.
As part of the role, the role-holder may have access to personal or confidential information which must not be disclosed or made available to anyone unless in the performance of your duties or with specific permission from the Executive Dean and Director of Operations. Breaches in confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.