King’s Strategic Vision 2029
King’s Strategic Vision looks forward to our 200th anniversary in 2029. It shows how King’s will make the world a better place by focusing on five key strategic priorities: educate to inspire and improve; research to inform and innovate; serve to shape and transform; a civic university at the heart of London; an international community that serves the world.
Leadership and structure
King’s is led by Professor Evelyn Welch, Interim President & Principal.
The Executive Team comprises:
- Professor Shitij Kapur, President & Principal (from June 2021)
- Professor Evelyn Welch, Provost & Senior Vice President Arts & Sciences (Interim President & Principal)
- Professor Richard Trembath, Provost & Senior Vice President Health
- Mr Stephen Large, Senior Vice President (Operations)
- Professor Nicola Phillips, Vice President & Vice-Principal (Education)
- Professor Reza Razavi, Vice President & Vice-Principal (Research)
- Professor Bronwyn Parry (interim), Vice President & Vice-Principal (Service)
- Professor Funmi Olonisakin, Vice President & Vice-Principal (International)
- Baroness Deborah Bull, Vice President & Vice Principal (London)
- Annie Kent, Interim Vice President (Finance)/ CFO
King's academic activities are structured through nine faculties, each led by an Executive Dean.
Location and campuses
As London's most central university, with four Thames-side campuses within a single square mile, our campuses includes iconic and historic buildings - the Grade II* listed Maughan Library, Somerset House, home to The Dickson Poon School of Law and Bush House, the former home of BBC World Service and the Aldwych Quarter, now home to King's Business School and our offices.
Our five campuses:
- Denmark Hill - Home to the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience and also provides facilities to the Dental Institute.
- Guy's - The Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine and the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences are based at the riverside Guy's Campus, next to the Shard.
- St Thomas' - Located near Waterloo Campus and home of continuing medical and dental teaching, as well as a museum dedicated to Florence Nightingale.
- Strand - Located on the north bank of the River Thames, the Strand Campus houses King's arts and sciences faculties.
- Waterloo - Waterloo campus is home of the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, some professional services and facilities for other faculties.
King’s Health Partners
King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering collaboration between King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts. KHP is the top recruiting Academic Health Science Centre in the UK (to NIHR portfolio studies) with Guy’s & St Thomas’ the top recruiting individual NHS Trust. As one of six AHSCs in the UK, the partnership drives improved outcomes and experience for patients whilst ensuring delivery ambitions for world leading science, translational research and education and training. Integrating mental and physical wellbeing, value-based healthcare, production of transparent outcomes and joined up informatics is at the heart of this work.